Unable to Connect to Remote Server

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I created a connection (On Premise) and am able to retrieve the Organisations with no problem however when i try to connect the following error pops up: Unable to Connect to Remote Server. Any ideas? 

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM

The only cause I see is you rename your server after having installed Dynamics CRM 2011.

Did you?

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM

No i asked the server admin and he said first the server was installed and named and then CRM 2011 was installed. I am even trying with localhost (am running tool on server) and still same error 

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

The better idea I have right now is to download Fiddler2 to perform a HTTP trace during connection... You should see the url used and then if the server name is correct in CRM database

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Ok i got it. My CRM settings were set to a port which wasnt listening hence the connection kept failing! 

thanks for the tool 

Charmaine 

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

can I ask one last thing please? When i create a new area this is displayed as Unknown in CRM 2011. Is there a way to get around this with the tool please? 

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Ok nothing i managed. Thanks for the tool!

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I didn't have time to answer this so the answer is : Add a Titles/Title element under the Area to specify a name

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I get a 401 error after creating connection.  This is a brand new server that I imported the organization from a different server and upgraded to 2011.  Can browse the crm site just fine though

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Can you indicate which connection details you provide

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I tried
servername, no port, windows authentication
servername, port, windows authentication
servername, no port, custom login (using domain info)

All retrieve the ORG
but then fail when retrieving the sitemap with a 401

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM, tanguy92 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can you indicate which connection details you provide

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sitemapeditor@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sitemapeditor@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
David R. W. Withers
Withers
480.414.9250 | 928.239.4149

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Hi,

Did the tool create a mscrmtools2011.config file? if yes, there should be an url inside. Try it in your browser

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Did not work, here's the error:
Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support.

Here's the URL
http://vpccrmd00/OrgName/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM, tanguy92 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Did the tool create a mscrmtools2011.config file? if yes, there should be an url inside. Try it in your browser

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sitemapeditor@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sitemapeditor@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
David R. W. Withers
Withers
480.414.9250 | 928.239.4149

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I dont know if you have the same problem as we had but it sounds very similar or if i can reply to you through codeplex but just in case, 

right click in deployment manager and check the web address. We had the same scenario and somehow the port was set to 4040 which was not a listening port on the server. I was getting the same error when connecting eventhough the application worked without any problems. Change the port to a listening port and try again. i edited the url manually in the config file after i manually checked that i could retrieve the organisation.svc and retried and all worked perfectly

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Thanks for helping Charmaine!

This problem is generally due to wrong server configuration (changing server name, or port after installation)