New feature request - Hide nodes

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi,

At the moment you can only add/delete nodes. It would be nice to be able to 'hide' nodes (effectively commenting out the xml element) so that I could 'unhide' the node at a later date without having to manually re-create.

Scenario: I have a series of entities/areas that are part of the ADX Studio managed solution and initially, I don't want to use / show various nodes but later in the project the customer may wish to use the additional functionality.

Thanks

Rob

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Very interesting feature request!

I will investigate about it to see how to include it easily

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Hi,

I'm currently developing this feature and I just wanted to know how I should display that a node is "hidden"? I was thinking about changing color of the treeview node to gray.

What do you think ?

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Hi Tanguy,
Personally, I would append a (hidden) suffix to make it more visible. People who may be colour blond may struggle with a lighter shade of gray.
Thanks
Rob

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 20/09/2012 09:35
To: rboyers@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: New feature request - Hide nodes [sitemapeditor:395500]

Hi,

I'm currently developing this feature and I just wanted to know how I should display that a node is "hidden"? I was thinking about changing color of the treeview node to gray.

What do you think ?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

ok, as there is also a suffix (the id of the element), I will manage it with something similar...

The new version should be available soon